Re: [MiNT] Longfilename support functions?

> > > Will this work with filesystems like TOS/VFAT (and both on MiNT and
> Magic)
> > > that don't record a file index?
> >
> How can I detect that the index wouldn't be filled properly and thus I
need
> to zero it manually?

Should I zero it before Fxattr() call like this?

GetFile( char *filename )
{
    XATTR xattr;
    xattr.dev = 0;
    xattr.index = 0;
    res = Fxattr( 0, filename, &xattr );
    if (( res == 0 || ( res == EINVFN )) {
        /* store the index, dev and pathname*/
    } else {
        /* an error occured */
    }
}

BTW: Under MagiCCP it seems not to set the index properly as mentioned
before.
The files are beeing loaded multiple times here...

Stan
JAY Software
opichals@alpha.inf.upol.cz
http://www.inf.upol.cz/~opichals/jay