Re: [MiNT] Longfilename support functions?

> > file. If dev
> > don't open it
> >
> > Will this work with filesystems like TOS/VFAT (and both on MiNT and
Magic)
> > that don't record a file index?
>
> This will not work for filesystems where Fxattr exists, but the file index
> is not filled properly. AFAIK, only TOSFS under MiNT would be affected
> (maybe WINDOWS-FS under MagiCPC as well).

So, again, how should I do a "unique" file detection running in any OS and
on any FS???
I've already modified the sources to use the following (pseudocode used
here):

BOOLEAN FileNameComparison( MyFileStruct *f1, MyFileStruct *f2 ) {
    if ( f1->index == f2->index )
        if ( f1->dev == f2->dev )
            return ( ! stricmp( f1->pathname, f2->pathname ) );
    return 0;
}

How can I detect that the index wouldn't be filled properly and thus I need
to zero it manually?

regards,

Stan