Re: AW: AW: [MiNT] tosfs

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Try some of the applications I have mentioned and, if you keep
>
> You didn't mention anything. And you are not able to, because such list
> does not exist. Neither a list of "pre-TOS 1.02 calls which fail on
> newfatfs" exist outside your imagination, Martin. Neither Compendium says
> anything like this, the text "1.04" (as in "supported until TOS
> 1.04") only occurs in Compendium under Sversion(), in a list of GEMDOS
> versions relative to TOS versions. Before you can prove your statements
> with examples (the text "Kellis has a list of applications which fail" is
> not an example, it's another phantasma), you cannot expect your statements
> will be taken seriously here, or anywhere else.
>
> Anyways, list members, from the discussion I understand that there are no
> objections against TOSFS removal.

 I don't object, I have it disabled anyway. The two applications that were
mentioned during this discussion, ImageCopy and ST-Guide, works perfect
here. I have been using Memory Protection on the Hades for quite some time
now, which ST-Guide don't like. But, ST-Guide even works via NFS, so it is
now running on the TT and accesses all the hyp files on the Hades. I
haven't found one appliaction that don't like NEWFATFS.

Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk@atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org