Re: [MiNT] Gemjing and memory protection: possible?

 Hi, Martin,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder if Gemjing v1.36 can be used when memory protection is enabled.
> On my system I have a total systemcrash whenever Gemjing is called to play
> a sound. Launching Gemjing itself is not a problem but it just can't play
> something.
> When the crash occurs I usualy see this on screen:
> pid 109 (jclktool) MEMORY VIOLATION type=privat ........
> I also noticed that just before the system freese taskbar v3 gets killed
> too.

 Hmm... strange. GemJing works perfect for me, and I always run with MP
these days. What is jclktool, btw? Are you trying to use GSXB? If so, you
HAVE to use the XDD version of the ES1371 driver (which is not available
on my page yet)

> When I boot without jclktool I get
> pid 126 (taskbar) MEMORY VIOLATION type=privat ........
>
> Without jclktool and taskbar I get this:
> pid 118 (thing) MEMORY VIOLATION type=privat ........
> pid 105 (aessys) MEMORY VIOLATION type=free RW=r AA=1C983C PC=121A4RE BP=1212000
> (aessys) Operating system killed
> FATAL ERROR

 Shouldn't Thing catch such violations? Could be this is not because of
VA protocol or DHST protocol which is definately looks like..

> I'm doing this on a Hades 060 using freeMiNT 1.15.10B (040), N_AES 2.0.0,
> Thing 1.27b

 I haven't yet tested 1.15.10b... will do so in a few days.

Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk@atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org