[MiNT] Failed to mount root dir

Hi,

As mentioned in my other posting, I'm setting up
MiNT+sparemint from scratch, based on Kehr's
distribution (and sufficiant Unix knowledge to
correctly set up init stuff) :) and I decided to start
with an ext2 filesystem while I am starting from clean
anyway.

I made an ext2 partition, installed ext2.xfs (on a
Falcon so yes it's a 030) but when MiNT loads, before
it can even begin to check the filesystem, it
says "Failed to mount root dir. System might be
unusable". This happens straight after loading the ext2
driver (I think; it all goes pretty fast).

When I start n.aes from mint.cnf, I can access the ext2
filesystem without problems (although the messages was
still displayed). But when I start INIT from mint.cnf,
it can't access the ext2 filesystem at all (wtmp not
found, sh not found, rc.* not found).

MiNT also fails to execute the fsck script because it
can't run sh (which is executable and exactly where I
tell it is; /boot/mint/bin/sh).

So basically, it looks like n.aes can access the ext2
filesystem, but init and the MiNT parser can't. When I
start a shell in the n.aes-only setup, I can access the
ext2 filesystem without problems.

What's going on..? :)

Maurits.