Re: [MiNT] X

Hi!

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 02:31:48PM +0200, you wrote:
> There is one problem with auto starting by .x11 file extension:
> All desktops I know first checks if a double clicked file is an
> executable and if so, launch it immediately.  So the server isn't
> notified because files being executable has higher priority then
> their file extension.

Thing doesn't. If it's told to handle certain extensions by another
program, it will do so - no matter if the file's executable or not.

That's why you must not enter "*" into the list of extensions a program
should open if yo want to set up a default viewer - you have to enter it
into the list of extensions a program should handle as a viewer.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de