[MiNT] Re: more on ppp problem.

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Ulrich Kaiser wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> >I upgraded to pppd 2.3.11 to see if it would fix the problem.
> Ah, OK, good.
>
> >it didn't.
> Important: the new pppd likes to see -noauth when using PAP,
> see recent item in the MiNT list (archive) by Michael White (?)
> @fastlane...

Yes... though why even use PAP on a local connection.  Actually this is
why I updated to the 2.3.  I added noauth to the options file, and 2.2
didn't like it, so I decided to update to 2.3.

> >I decided to ditch the serial drivers.
> to ditch???

ditch = stop using, keep away from.
the strange unimplemented function error from pppd in syslog disappeared
when I disabled scc.xdd.

> >That changed things, now upon launching pppd, I get (on the console):
> >
> >pid 78 (pppd): scc_set5: iorec 135E w5 copy has sender enable bit off, w5
> >not changed.
> >
> >5 times in a row
> Ooops, never seen such a message. You better post your ppp script.

it's very simple:

-start options-
noauth
lock
crtscts
local
9600
defaultroute
netmask 255.255.255.0
aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb
/dev/ttyd
-end options-

where aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa is the IP of the TT and bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb is the IP of
the remote machine.

looks normal to me...

thanks,
    noah silva