Re: [MiNT] fdlibm and pml

> I am wondering what are the differences between fdlibm and pml (speed,
> license,...), since there are no documentention in these packages (I
> guess I should download the SRPMs)

The linux libc uses a modified fdlibm (freely distributable libm).

When working on a port of perl, I discovered that fdlibm was far more
accurate than the pml in as much that all the maths tests passed: about
80% of the perl maths tests fail with the pml due to accuracy problems.

I believe it is a bit faster too, but I have no hard facts to hand...

Salut/.

J/.

BBC, unless specifically stated.