Re: [MiNT] fdlibm and pml

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 04:55:14PM +0200, Mandin Patrice wrote:
> > De : Xavier Joubert <Xavier-Joubert@defontaine.com>
> >
> > I am wondering what are the differences between fdlibm and pml (speed,
> > license,...), since there are no documentention in these packages (I
> > guess I should download the SRPMs).
>
> <personal opinion>
> It seems that pml is an old library, so I prefer to use fdlibm (and is easier to
> compile I think).
> </personal opinion>

PML is the Portable Math Library whereas fdlibm is (I think) the one that
comes from Sun Microsystems.  The fdlibm is a nightmare when you look at
the sources but seems to be more accurate than pml.

The packages are a temporary workaround for the still missing libm in the
MiNTLib.  They will probably conflict with each other, you have the
choice which one to pick.

Ciao

Guido