Re: [MiNT] new UTC/NTP documentation uploaded

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Guido Flohr wrote:

> > On MiNT, does stime() always work in UTC?
>
> Yes.

OK, I'll try that.

> The first argument to settimeofday and/or gettimeofday is
> always a pointer to a struct timeval, representing the time
> in UTC and the second argument is implementation-specific and
> should be ignored.

Precisely.

> > If MiNT has a funtion that is designed to set the kernel's UTC
> > reference, leaving it up to the kernel to adjust the timezone
> > difference afterwards, I could easily patch K9 to work on MiNT
> > as expected.
>
> There is no need to patch that.  The kernel needs the patch
> since setting the time doesn't work reliably.

Since K9 ends up altering localtime instead of UTC, even though
it uses settimeofday with the second argument as NULL, it would
indeed make sense that the kernel is where the problem happens.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.