RE: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> ...and you obviously used it to steal valuable information from lots of
> unsuspecting MiNT-users, right? I find it hard to believe that real world
> scumbags would bother with something like this. There's simply nothing to
> gain by it. It's far easier to hack Windows-machines, simply because there
> are zillions of them on the net, each of them with zillions of security
> holes. Then you can make it to the headlines.

Read Noah's mail. When I want to connect my machine to the network and
provide even simple services for friends, I also want to be sure, that
noone of my personal enemies (because I f.e. "stole" a gf of someone or he
thinks so) could destroy that system not for stealing a valuable
information, but just to make me problems.

> > Why? Who said both AESSYS and its screen manager or its whatever would not
> > need that?
> >
> OK, so if two processes needs this, let them do so.

If two, why not three?

> The point is that once
> the AES is started, nobody else can get this privilege.

How do you detect the exact very moment when the AES can already be
considered "started" (and block the flag then)?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.