RE: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

So don't give your personal enemies access to your machine ;-) I don't have
any enemies, atleast none that's capable of switching on a computer.

> > OK, so if two processes needs this, let them do so.
>
> If two, why not three?

Or 20. Make it configurable. With some basic investigation it's very easy to
determine how many processes that needs this with MultiTOS (AES 4.0 and
4.1), N.AES, Geneva and XaAES. Write a couple of comments in mint.cnf or the
readme-file, telling the user what the "F_OS_SPECIAL" variable in mint.cnf
should be set to. But personally I don't think it's worth it. Leave it like
it is, or run without an AES and disable F_OS_SPECIAL completely if you're
really concerned.

> > The point is that once
> > the AES is started, nobody else can get this privilege.
>
> How do you detect the exact very moment when the AES can already be
> considered "started" (and block the flag then)?

It's not very difficult, call this every time F_OS_SPECIAL is requested:

if (f_os_special_count >= MAX_ALLOWED)
{
	shoot_intruder_in_foot();
	return;
}
else
{
	f_os_special_count++;
}

It means that F_OS_SPECIAL can be exploited before you start the AES. If you
write that in the docs the user can blaim himself if he gets hacked.

Jo Even Skarstein

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that
Vital Insurance/DnB Group cannot accept any payment orders or other
legally binding correspondance with customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the Vital Insurance/DnB Group.