Re: [MiNT] International question

> > I would be pleased if I could put into the kernel the following message:
> >
> > "Display the boot menu?"
>
> Swedish:
>
> Visa bootmenyn?

Yes, thanks, but... MiNT does not support Swedish. To fix that, we also
would need to supply other messages, like "FATAL ERROR. You have to reboot
the system" and so on.

Despite that, generally, I would like to change this somehow. For now the
international support in MiNT means that there are as many versions of all
messages compiled into, as much languages we support. Since we use one at
once, the rest of messages just waste memory.

So I was thinking about changing all this so that only English messages
could be compiled into, and if one wishes to have MiNT speaking another
language, the local version of the messages could be soft loaded. Sort of
RSC file, but simpler a lot.

Ideas?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.