RE: [MiNT] AES in kernel

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 Jo-Even.Skarstein@vital.no wrote:

> [...]

And, almost any program can be perfected to basically be bug free.  It's
not as if the AES must be a huge program.  Add to it pointer checking and
sanity checks as well, and you would get greater stability at the expense
of a few percent performance drop.
The AES is something that should be pretty much bulletproof anyhow, as if
it crashes, you will lose control of all of your AES programs.  (though it
would be interesting to see a way to restart the AES and regain control of
the programs, but I have yet to see this).