Re: [MiNT] Minix filesystem limit

Hello!

> I compiled leafnode (news server) without any issues. But when installing, it creates a
> directory with 1000 (!) sub-directories. After having created 125 directories, it can not
> create more (with '.' and '..', the limit is 127 directories per directory, it seems). Is it
> a documented bug ? I do not have checked this in the Minix XFS sources.

It's a bug. The old V1 limit for checking the maximum link count was used
(max 127 links instead 65530). I just updated the MinixFS src.

> Did someone write a howto, describing how to format, and access an ext2 partition,
> which utilities are needed ? I would like to try it.

Change your partition ID to LNX or RAW (if you use MinixFS >= 0.70 you
have already done this for the MinixFS partition).

Then start mke2fs x: there x is your driver number.

Btw. MinixFS will be noticeable slower than ext2 for such heavy filled
directories.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--