Re: [MiNT] Thing

on Fri 03-08-2001 13:39 Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

>> I'm also a registrated 1.27 user. IMHO the only problem with Thing 1.27
>> is the limited long filename support.
>
>And that the icon editor has problems when loaded from ext2 or minix
>partition. I.e. Thing apparently launches it as thingicn.app, but the
>program searches for itself in its start directory as THINGICN.APP. When
>it doesn't find it, it says "Start directory of the application not
>found" (or something like this) and exits immediately. The solution I
>found out so far is to make a symlink named THINGICN.APP pointing to
>thingicn.app. Does anyone perhaps have a better fix for this?

Hmm, I don't have this problem at all. I can launch thingicn.app without
any problem. Note that all the Thing files are in lowercases.

>BTW. did anyone get any success with launching Thing off ext2 partition
>using XaAES (this would be of course XaAES problem, not Thing's).

Don't have problems with it. Xaaes (latest version)/thing 1.27 loads just
fine from an ext2 partition. Note. The path for Thing set in "desk" in
xaaes.cnf is case-sensitive.

CU
Martin
--
             *****Greetings from Okami Newsreader*****
             ** On the seventh day He created Atari **