Re: [MiNT] Thing

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Thomas Binder wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:38:46AM +0200, Edward S. Baiz Jr wrote:
> > Anyone know where I can register Thing or else buy a registered
> > version?
>
> http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~gryf/software/thin127e.lzh
>
> Contact me via private email for further information regarding the
> registration process.

Well, I do have a question to consult in public I think...

What is goning the Thing development continue like? Is there any chance to
get it open-source? I'm looking for a free desktop. Unfortunatelly there
is no (or not useable, although I haven't met any) open-source one. It is
quite bad thing to have open-source OS without really cool desktop. The
original Atari TOS or MultiTOS is not the thing we are all looking for,
is it?

can you say a word on this?

regards

STan