Re: [MiNT] Shared .so libs question.

Hello!

> I've been thinking about $subj for a while. I wander why the standard .so
> library scheme is not present in MiNT. We have a virtual memory, memory

We don't have virtual memory.

> protection so why not to have a shared libraries?
> Another thing is to implement them using .SLB framework which does work
> well at the moment.

The .slb thing is not a shared library mechanism (code sharing is a better
name). To use a normal unix lib as .slb you have to spent much, much work
on it (the main problem is that there is no private data segemnt for each
process).

> What are the issues to be done to be able to use .so libs?

Guido can help you.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--