Re: [MiNT] Shared .so libs question.

> It would be nice if xclock binary won't have 1MB.

Oh yes, it would be so nice. I think a X11 port is a good
thing, but with the size of the library used, you need a lot
of RAM (and MiNT seems [to not have|have poor] virtual
memory support).

> What are the issues to be done to be able to use .so libs?

Well, a compiler that produces position-independent code.
(-fPIC switch with gcc, I added it in my gcc-3.0[.1] patch).

A linker to build executables/libraries using it. This is
the hard part. When you finally link your program with it,
it just put in the file the library it uses.

When you run the program, an added library linked to it load
the needed library, solve the relocations, and go...

It is a 'just do it' problem, but is there someone who will
do it ?

--
Patrice Mandin

Programmeur Linux,Atari