Re: [MiNT] EasyMint/XaAES Help?!?! :)

Hi

Keith Scroggins wrote:

> Well, I got Easymint to install, I beleive, and also installed XaAES at
> the same time.  Anyway, when I boot now, Mint is fine, but when XaAES
> starts, iget the following error scrolling....
>
> rename: 'u:\proc\xaaes.63' to 'u:\proc\AESSYS.63'
> Home drive: 20
> Home directory: ''
> current working directory: ''
> argv[0]: 'xaaes'
> pid  63 (AESSYS):  ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION: User PC=30 (basepage=4E6000,
> test=4E6100, data=4FDEEA, bss= (Off the screen)

The
GEM=path\xaaes.tos
doesnt set a current working directory or home directory to 'path'
Therefore insert:

cd path

before GEM=

Or:
add the path to xaaes to the PATH variable in mint.cnf

I will update the docs about this in the next version

Also:
Martin Tarenskeen has written a script for use from a login shell.
This will be in the next release as well.

Martin contributes to this list. So you must be able to obtain his email address.

The bus error occurs indeed when the widget rsc cannot be found.
A stupid bug I agree. But for some reason I repeatedly got struck by
programmers blindness each time I try to find it.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl