Re: [MiNT] Réf. : Jinnee under XaAES?

patrick.prokopowicz@edf.fr wrote:

> I also tested Jinnee 2.5 under XaAES on a falcon CT2, with the same result.
> I'd inform HR a few days ago, and if he works as the same speed at usually, Jinnee
> probably works fine in the next release ;-))

> It seem to me that "maxilys" have run Jinnee under XaAES on HADES (not sure)
> Rémi, if you have a moment (out of your books ;-)) can you confirm this ?

Yes, I confirm but it's only Jinnee 1.x. I had a lot of problems with icons in
32K colors with every version 2.x of Jinnee. I work everyday in 1024*768*32K
(the biggest resolution available with 2 MB of VRAM) so I've kept version 1.

It is not perfect, it freezes sometimes at startup for no reason... But it's so
more beautiful than Thing... when you have enough memory. (I have.) Besides, I
don't want to change my desktop if it means to have to redraw all my mini-icons
by hand. A nasty task that I prefer to leave to a program of mine which does it
automatically, but works apparently only with Jinnee v1. (Another reason to keep
v1.)

I'm still waiting for the next desktop. Maybe Direct ? If it doesn't turn into
vaporware... or something else that looks a little more like what one can see on
a Linux desktop. (Not written yet.)

See ya,

Remi Villatel
maxilys@normandnet.fr

(Remove NOSPAN before to answer. Entfernen Sie NOSPAM bevor zu antworten.)