[MiNT] Terminal Solutions (toswin2)

I'm hoping to sort out a problem, thoe I really have no clue what I'm doing,
or where to begin.  I have a feeling it's a pretty small and easily fixable
problem,
but....where do I look for it?

Applications that compile with -ltermcap seem broken where toswin2 is
concerned.  I have toswin 2.6 and release 7 of the termcaps and terminfos.

I assume these problem applications use the termcap library to see what terminal
capabilities are present and then intalize themselves accordingly.

Such applications compile and run just fine, but for some reason when
using tw100, the applications send crlf to end each line of output, thus
breaking the display (usually by pushing text way off to the right of the
screen and double spacing everything).

Switching over to a tw52 window makes screen draws better, but colors
don't display.  Instead of colors, there is a muck of numbers and other
sorts of screen litter.

First, I'm wondering if the problem is somewhere in the curses part
of my unix setup, in the tw100 termcap/terminfo itself, a bug in
toswin2, or something alltogether different.  Note, toswin2 behaves
exactly the same when logging into a remote intel linux box with telnet
and running similar applications there.  This causes me to lean towards
the idea that the problem is likely a simple one...a matter of tweaking
something in the termcap entry?

Yes, I have set up a local termcap and .terminfo directory there (on the remote
machine), and compiled tw52 and tw100 terminfo sources using tic on THAT
machine.

I get the idea that the tw100 termcap/terminfo is telling applications something
wrong about toswin2.  IF that's the case...how would I track it down?

Any ideas where I should begin my education in attempting to
fix this?

Where might I find sources for toswin2, and a table of escape codes
for tw52 and tw100 (if publically avilable)?

Thanks,
Brian