Re: [MiNT] 2 Problems/bugs in Toswin 2.7

Thomas Binder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:09:47PM +0100, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > You have been using Windows too long ;-) The behaviour is
> > correct. To "hide" a single window, use iconify. That's the
> > purpose of it.
>
> Well, as TosWin2 itself treats TTPs as GEM applications (they
> appear in the task list when using CTRL-ALT-TAB, appl_find()
> returns them, etc.), he has got a point.

I found the following:
When using tw-call, toswin2 is loaded only once.
The entries in the tasklist are instances of tw-call, of which everything is dummy.
The windows all belong to the 1 instance of toswin2.

When NOT using tw-call, all entries in the tasklist are instances of fully working
toswin2. !!! In this case the windows can be hidden individually, because each window
belongs to a different AES application: the instance of toswin2 that owns the window.

I have crosschecked this behaviour with N.Aes 1.2 to make sure there is not something
particular with XaAES.

One of the functions of tw-call apparently was to reduce the memory usage of toswin2.
At a price.

You can see by yourself by replacing tw-call by toswin2 in your cnf files.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl