Re: [MiNT] desktop from components

On 7 May 2002, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> If it's such a PITA I'd vote for giving up on nonPMMU machines. PMMU
> machines are available for 11 years already and got quite cheap during
> last years. It should not be a problem for a serious Atari user to
> upgrade to PMMU machine - or start using ARAnyM, which is for free.

Of course being able to run on a 68000 is one of the things that makes
MiNT unique, but as I said some time ago, I wouldn't mind if the current
version was the last that can do that and that further developments would
require 030 and up. Even more so if this would only apply to this new
desktop, but I guess changing the way fork works changes the whole system.
:)

Maurits.

--
 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |