Re: [MiNT] No cursor bug with NVDI

Hi!

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:15:08PM +0000, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> M.A. Kehr <m.kehr@ndh.net> wrote:
>
> > SGksDQoNCg0KPiBXaGF0IEkga25vdyBpdCB3b3JrcyAoSSBzYXcgaXQgb24gTUVHQSBT
>
> I guess this is not what he really wrote, but that's what messages
> from Marc-Anton in this mailinglist look like on my ST with Marijuana
> Mail. I can read all the other messages normally. Is it a Marijuana
> Mail bug ?

For whatever reason, Marc-Anton's mails are encoded in base64
instead of 8bit or quoted-printable. And obviously, your mailer
can't handle base64 - at least not if it's used for text/plain.

But Marc-Anton should really check why his mailer (Sylpheed) uses
base64-encoding for the message body (and change that, if
possible). Using base64 for the message body not only makes it
impossible for some people to read his messages, it also
increases the size of each message by a factor of 1.33 (in base64,
three 8-bit-characters are encoded as four 8-bit-characters using
an alphabet consisting of only 64 characters).

Besides, there's no need at all to encode text messages that do
not contain any non us-ascii chracters.

Ciao

Thomas

--