Re: [MiNT] XaAES

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:50:03 +0100, Eric Reboux wrote:

Hi all,

first of all I would also like to send many thanks to Henk for developing
XaAES for all the time.

> > I am still fighting with the GEM hotkeys not working on
> > EmuTOS+FreeMiNT+latest_XaAES. Ex.: Ctrl+N simply types "n" in the Qed
> > window. Note that it's a hotkey for opening new window. Similarly for
> > all other Ctrl/Alt hotkeys.
>
> I have the same problem with Milan040+Mint+Xaaes. Alt+key does not work
> sometimes.
> It's not the fault of Aranym or EmuTos ;)

I can confirm this. The same behaviour under MiNT with XaAES on:
- my TT030 (TOS 3.06) - KGMD transformed to SpareMiNT
- my Falcon030 (TOS 4.04) - SpareMiNT installed by OSMD (soon on my web site)
- my wife's Falcon030 (TOS 4.04) - just MiNT.PRG + XaAES (+ TeraDesk)
- ARAnyM/Linux (TOS 4.04) - just MiNT.PRG + XaAES (+ TeraDesk)

GEM applications don't react to ctrl and alt keys.
I tested key codes with a CPX.

May be a small clue:
I found out that everything went OK when I launched Thing desktop (not set as
the XaAES's desktop) even after I finished it. May be the error was in prevous
versions, too, but I discovered it just when I switched from Thing to TeraDesk.

Best Regards,

Bohdan Milar