Re: [MiNT] ppp problem

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Jim DeClercq wrote:

> Seems like a good idea to me. But, there is more than that file
> to look at.

> Any obvious problems?

Maybe the easiest way to help you is to show you my
/etc/ppp/peers/zonnet.nl file, that is working to get my Falcon connect to
my zonnet.nl provider with "pppd call zonnet.nl". I'm using the
easymint/sparemint mint(net) distribution.

#
/dev/ttyS1
115200
crtscts
lock
modem
noipdefault
defaultroute
mru 1500
mtu 1500
-vj
usepeerdns
noauth
asyncmap 0
netmask 255.255.255.0
user m.tarenskeen
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f u:/etc/ppp/pppchat.zonnet -r /tmp/connect.rpt "
#

One remark about "usepeerdns":
This causes ppp to let my provider tell me what DNS numbers to use, by
(over) writing a /etc/ppp/resolv.conf file. I had to move /etc/resolv.conf
to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf and make /etc/resolv.conf a symbolic link pointing
to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf before all of this worked with my setup.

 --

Martin Tarenskeen