Re: [MiNT] e2fsck problem (fwd)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Thomas Binder wrote:

> Now, as e2fsck is located on the same partition it's about to
> check, there's already at least one process using the filesystem
> (e2fsck itself) and thus the lock fails.
I see. That makes sense.

> Solution: Copy e2fsck to another partition (best would be as
> e2fsck.ttp on a TOS filesystem) and run it before the real init
> process starts, so that no processes are currently using the
> filesystem to be checked.

Isn't that what the famous fscheck.sh in my easymint installation should
do ? But it still calls the e2fsck on my Sparemint ext2 partition if I
understand the content of the script correctly. Wouldn't it be better if
fscheck.sh would call a e2fsck.ttp that is copied to another (TOS)
partition than the (ext2) partition it is currently checking?

 --

Martin Tarenskeen