Re: [MiNT] termcap problem

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Jim DeClercq wrote:

> At least I thought it worked. X.app runs, and opens a little
> window that will not take input. Xterm runs, says it cannot find
> a useable font, seems to call X.app, and I get another little
> useless window.

Setting up the fonts used by X.app is a bit tricky. (At least it was for
me). You'll have to edit /etc/X11/fonts.alias. Also take a look in
/var/lib/Xapp/fonts.db to see what fonts are available and for correct
names. In /usr/doc/XServer-0.14 there is an example fonts.alias file.

I just kept watching the console (error) messages carefully, and everytime
a certain font or an alias could not be found, I tried to find a suitable
font/wildcard combination to put in my fonts.alias file. At this moment
only once in a while a suitable font cannot be found on my system.

On my system I have installed most of the URW and Ghostscript fonts also
in my NVDI font folder. I think X.app uses NVDI to be able to display
different fonts. (Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone ?)

 --

Martin Tarenskeen