[MiNT] Gemar

Hello, all

Gemar does run under MiNT. I have done that many times, after
renaming mint.cfn, and booting MiNT.  There have been two local
and one regional power failures where I live, in the recent past,
and both of them trashed an open MiNT drive. I have a current
backup of that drive on a tape streamer unit, and Gemar puts my
files back where they belong.

But I once in a rare while get it to run without hearing the bus
error "ding" before accomplishing anything after loading xaaes.

This is followed by a "Fatal Error" notice, and no opportunity to
run shutdown.

How do I do that, getting Gemar to run after starting Xaaes, and
why cannot I get this to happen more often, or perhaps always.

Yes, I have tried a very cold reboot. That seems to make no
difference. Yes, I have started it from a TosWin shell, from a
command line, and yes I had a console window open. Makes no
difference.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I cannot be the only one using Gemar, or am I?

Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |