[MiNT] NVDI limitation?

NVDI worked, and one thing that depends on NVDI, the gemvelope
envelope printer, worked, until I added fonts to my gemsys folder
for X-windows, and for gemvelope. Since some fonts involve more
than one file, that was more than 256 vector font files in that
folder, and NVDI refused to load. By editing out things I
probably did not need, got the number under 256, and NVDI still
refused to load.

I will get to the bottom of this eventually, but surely someone
else has had this problem, and found the solution.

Yes, I have a backup of a working boot drive, but that backup
does not have such things as xaaes on it, so that easy out is out
of the question.

If there is a number of vector font files I need to meet, what is
it, please?

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |