Re: [MiNT] 030-version of gcc

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Alles wrote:
phew.. Who would have thought that my posting would excite the mailing list that much..

Well, I was only arguing because I appreciate a lot of working with 3.3
version of GNU compilator. Unfortunately it is built with 68000 options,
and without peculiar optimizations. Your mail did some echoing with my
current state of mind. I had imagined that you could have done the same
job on 3.3 compilator with the help of Patrice Mandin that supplied me
the compilator ...

Francois:

Well, I`m quite happy with the 2.95.3. Of course it is not uptodate anymore. But compiling with my 030-Falcon already is with this compiler a torture.. So please don´t mind, if I will never install a 3.x version on it. Anyway, I also use a cross-compiler on my PC. For the cross-compiler I see no problem for me using a 3.x version. But I´m not willed to build all the required packages, since I have no problem using the old 2.95.3. If you want other people to use a 3.x-version feel free to build the required packages.

Well I don't really need the whole package to be rebuilt. It is a
tremendous job that has already been done. The CC1 is enough for me ...
You may be able to do it, since you've done it for GCC 2.95.3 ...
Tell me ...

Feel free to do what you want ... This is not crucial ... At all ...

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lecoat@atari.org

Petr:

Here is the latest version of the todo.txt:
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/todo.txt?rev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup Do you still need some new CVS-builds for the AFROS? I might help you with this.