Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

V St, 10. 12. 2003 v 17:42, Odd Skancke píše:
> are you OK with having ARAnyM specific code in APM.XDD

>  I have nothing against the former method. This is an ARAnyM specific XDD,
> and the ARAnyM specific code is where it belongs.

APM.XDD would actually be an "Advanced Power Management" module that
would cover all APM schemas available currently, including ARAnyM and
CT60 - that was my original thought.

> PSU into my hades, and in some way connect it, I would have to make an
> APM-HADE.XDD. And the same for the Milan

so what you mean is a bunch of APM flavors, one APM module for each
platform. Isn't this a maintenance nightmare for EasyMiNT-like
distributions? I am not against that, just trying to imagine how it
would work out.

> You do see the difference
> between having this separately in an XDD rather than having it in the
> kernel itself?

Sure. I think the XDD way is the most reasonable one and makes everyone
happy. I am just curious whether APM-<HWplatformName>.XDD is the way to
go.

Petr