Re: [MiNT] This fight

V St, 10. 12. 2003 v 20:11, Mark Duckworth píše:
> times to get past internal compiler errors.  No blame assigned, just
> saying hardware is getting old, atari hardware has always been dodgy,
> isn't it nice to have something else?

This is a very valid point, IMHO. I myself have bought all possible
extensions to my Falcon - Afterburner040, NOVA gfx card, network card,
DSP clock kit, bus/DSP/VIDEL accelerator and built it all in a bigtower.
I spent a real fortune on that and when the motherboard died I bought
another one and built it again. I am not saying this to impress you or
something - I just want to explain that I myself have a solid
real-Atari-HW roots (going back to 520STM in 1989) and that it took me
long time to start believing in the ARAnyM.

Unfortunately the SuperFalcon machine I built above was never rock
stable and I used to have various problems including bombs in the middle
of programming session, before I had a chance to save my source code.
And I know I am not alone - overclocked hardware (as most Falcons and
some TTs are) tends to fail when you don't expect it. That's why you may
consider ARAnyM as a safe alternative - it runs stable (as long as the
underlying stuff runs stable - luckily overclocking GHz CPUs is usually
not necessary).

> Calm down people... you'll lose your hair!

I have to upload my current photo on my web page. You'll see why I argue
for ARAnyM... Yes, I have nothing to loose :)))))))

Petr