Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:39, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > I'm confused now. What is the problem we discuss here? What things should
> > be reached and/or implemented?
>
> I think we need a way for XDD drivers and for MiNT lib to call the
> NatFeats in a MiNT friendly and VM safe way. So perhaps a new "NF"
> syscall would do it?

The question here is to find a replacement for the cookie with pointers
that is used under TOS. Creating a new syscall seems to be the only
clean way.

Perhaps we could learn from the other "callback based cookie interface
(like XHDI, SCSIDRV, STIK and so on)" that you mentioned. Were these
already converted to a MiNT friendly version? If yes, how?

Petr