Re: [MiNT] You Aranym developers

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 08:09, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> >> As someone wrote here, you (Aranym developers) seem sometimes a bit
> >> too aggressive

> I don't see anything bad in the phrase "you MiNT developers" (or "you Aranym
> developers"). Don't you develop Aranym? You do. So you are the developer.

So do I sound too aggressive? I tried my best to be as polite as
possible. And now you say that I seem too aggressive. That's what
surprises me.

> Seriously, if you dislike "you (Aranym developers)", please teach me a good
> way to use the pronoun "you" without explaining "(Aranym developers)" so
> that you'd precisely know that I don't mean only one person (Petr), but the
> Aranym team as a whole.

My only concern is if I am still too aggressive. I want to know what I
can improve in my communication with other guys.

> Then some guy writes a program for TOS (using Cookie, the easiest way and
> moreover approved by you in the doc and supported with C header
> definitions), sees that it does not work under MiNT and of course will say
> that "MiNT is broken" or "not compatible"; shortly, it will be MiNT fault
> again, that someone invented a broken standard again.

We invented the cookie pointers before you came to ARAnyM list and told
us that it was broken. We did it in a good will that following things
like XHDI can't be that bad.

And I said in another mail that I was going to fix it. So if it was our
fault or not we will fix it.

> If this isn't enforcing broken standards, I wonder what it is?

We don't enforce. We just propose and discuss. Enforcing looks
different, believe me.

Petr