Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: Shutdown() discussion

V Pá, 12. 12. 2003 v 17:19, Ingo Schmidt píše:
> PS> Normally the boot is so fast that I don't notice anything on the screen,
> PS> anyway. I didn't know you would need VT52 in the short moment between
> PS> starting MiNT and opening desktop.
>
> Excuse me? You don't really mean this, do you?
>
> a) boot up might be fast on YOUR machine
> b) what about the boot menu
> c) Who says I am starting a desktop?
> d) If there is supposed to be a VT52 emulator then there should be one

You guys are angry at me like if I sold you the fVDI and now didn't want
to refund you. That's funny (and scary at the same time). Do you realize
that fVDI is a beta version and a free software?

If I were the fVDI author and got a mail with such an aggresive tone I
would say FUCK YOU but as Johan is the fVDI author you need to ask him.

> I am already annoyed by NVDI that is not able to display the cursor during
> bootup. Very annoying.

You bought NVDI so you can complain there. But not with fVDI (at least
if you are not one of the owners of Eclipse - they actually bought the
fVDI and might feel angry).

> (I would test this, but I cant use aranym because I only get weird mouse
> packets all the time)

Ah now I understand - you decided to complain about everything that is
remotely related to the ARAnyM. Hehe. fVDI is an independent project
that was here years before ARAnyM. And if you are missing something
there launch your favourite programmers editor and write the support for
it there. And if you are unable or unwilling to do so, shut up or at
least be very polite when you are asking for something.

Petr