Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On  Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:22:46 +0100 (CET)
Milan Jurik <M.Jurik@sh.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Mr. Pursell, Mr. Skancke, please, leave to live our platform (I mean
> Atari/TOS). I know your opinions. Probably everybody know your
> opinions.
> Your VOMIT are very "interesting". What do you know about ARAnyM?
> Mr. Skancke (some years ago, Odd :-( I thought that you are clever
> man years ago. My mistake...
> I apologize everybody (except Mr. Pursell and Mr. Skancke) for this
> e-mail. I typically don't send this type of e-mails.

Now I wonder why you're so angry after reading the mails from LP and
Odd? Both have an opinion which is shared by lots of other people
(including me). We are living in a free world so please accept the
opions (good or wrong) from others instead of calling names.

For your information I do have Aramyn running under Linux and I do
follow the progress of it but I don't use it very much (only to
satisfy my curiosity) for the same reason why I don't use MagicMac on my
G3. Both are emu which lacks the spirit of a true TOS machines. If I
need to work with for instance Phoenix (which I use very often) I rather
start up my TT030 or Hades060 then to call Aranym or MagicMac.

Also consider this: There was a time (people who knows me will confirm
this) I considered Aranym as thé future but after seem lots of agressive
postings from Aranym people my faith is getting weaker and weaker.

Furthermore, although Aranym is a blessing for (some) programmers,
Aranym will certainly not discourage the few average Atari users left to
abord the scene completely.
What we need (we=common Atari-user) are new up-to-date programs and a
brandnew real TOS machine and not emu's which IMHO kills the Atari
scene little by little.

Kind regards,
Martin

--
UTSI: http://users.pandora.be/tos4ever/utsi.htm
Atari FTP-site: ftp://chapelie.rma.ac.be/atari/