[MiNT] Some early RPMs, Glib2, ATK, & Pango......

http://www.radix.net/~kws/mint/

If anyone is brave, and wishes to try these out, go for it.  I am not sure
that these work 100% yet, here is the lowdown on each.

Glib2 (2.2.3) - Cross Compiled under GCC 2.95.3 on i586-Linux and
install/tested kind of under MiNT.  Appears to work, but needs lots more
testing.  Compiles out of the box under the Linux Cross Compiler, craps
out natively on GCC, kmalloc error, and FreeMiNT locks up with the 'Must
Reboot' message.  Have not explored that further yet, I hate having 20 to
30 minute FSCK's between trouble shooting!  :)

ATK (1.2.4) - Requires Glib2, compiled natively under MiNT, and had no
problems with the Glib2 libs.  Seems to be fine, as Pango liked it during
the testing phase.  Not much else to say.

Pango (1.2.5) - Requires Glib2 & ATK, compiled under GCC (3.3.2?  I think)
on i686-Linux, installed into MiNT, most likely does not work, because I
do not believe it is cross compiler friendly.  It configures fine, but
craps out FreeMiNT on the first execution of GCC to compile something
(Must Reboot, etc).  Tried with/without memory protection, with GCC 2.95
and 3.3, 000, 030, and 040 kernels, and that is as far as I got.  Was
going to try with a 1.16a kernal, but can not get it to work (yet).

GTK+ 2 fails on configure because it does not believe Pango is present.

Besides that, hopefully a GiMP RPM is coming (I need to figure out all of
the patches, maybe I'll do just the binary package, with the src package
later on), and then later, a version of Perl with GiMP's Perl Libs
compiled in statically, unless there is a better way.  I 'believe' all one
would need is the perl executable itself, but I need to research this
further.

Keith