Re: [MiNT] Need help with MiNT-Net..... :(

Hello!

> So, I tried installing the 1.16a kernel.

For 1.16 the network stuff changed a lot. Be sure you have the right
modules in your mint folder (sockdev.xdd is for 1.15, inet4.xdd is for
1.16).

> also did a CVS update and compiled my own.  I tried both of these, and
> immediately both of them died on boot with a 'Memory Exception 4' if
> memory serves me correctly.  My Auto Folder consists of just XBoot, NVDI,
> Mint040, and finally WDialog.  Makes no difference if I try 000, 030, or
> 040 kernels.  NVDI5 loads, and then then a few seocnds later, crash.

NVDI must be loaded before the kernel. Also on 1.16 the memory protection
is on by default. You must explicitly turn it off through the mint.ini
(can also be set if you hold the shift key if mint is loaded). The
programname no longer matter.

Hope this helps.

Ciao
   ...Frank