Re: [MiNT] Recent 1.16 kernel

> I tried the latest 1.16 kernel from Draco's site (with the shutdown
> modes swapped), and I'm having some instability issues.

When you have downloaded it?

> Ever so
> occaisionally there's a few strange crashes that I did not have with
> earlier 1.16 kernels.

Any details, please?

> BTW: the other kernel that I have is really
> recent, but before Draco started really cracking away on things, so
> it's my belief that something in there is the cause.

Everything is possible. The strange thing is that the recent kernels are
actually stabler for me, than previous ones. I.e. on Aranym it is the
same(simply stable), but on F030 I occasionally experienced crashes at
startup in certain (reproduceable) circumstances. Such problems are gone
now.

But I have to say that when Jan reported problems (also odd) with loading
keytables and metados/spin.xfs, trying to fix that I discovered something
that I don't quite understand. Namely the MINT.PRG initial stacksize was 8k.
When I enlarged it to 16k, MiNT stopped working. This is why I even replaced
the startup module, but it didn't help. So I only increased the stack to
12k, Jan said that previous problems are gone, but the problem remains.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).