Re: [MiNT] NTP client alpha binary available

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Adam Klobukowski wrote:
>
> > root@deathstar:/i/nowe>./ntpdate-ntp-4.2.0-alpha1 -s -b -d -p 8
> > 192.168.1.1
> > addto_syslog: ntpdate 4.2.0@1.1161-r Tue Jan 20 22:47:58 CET 2004
> > (8) Looking for host 192.168.1.1 and service ntp
> > host found : core
> > 192.168.1.1: Server dropped: strata too high
>
> The problem is that the 192.168.1.1 seems to be too distant to the
> UTC source server. Stratum is the level of indirections that the
> time information went through on the way from the real origin to the
> server contacted to provide information (the maximum stratum is 15).

I would like to run my time server on 192.168.1.1 but I'm yet unable
to configure it :( (only a local server, not connecting anywhere,
serving my local time)

> FYI: Note that using the -d option doesn't set the date in fact. It
> is just a debug output for seeing the operation progress.

I've tried with internet public ntp server and it works :)

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
atari@gabo.pl