[MiNT] Glib2 RPMs now available....

http://www.radix.net/~kws/mint/glib2-2.2.3-1.m68kmint.rpm
http://www.radix.net/~kws/mint/glib2-2.2.3-1.src.rpm
http://www.radix.net/~kws/mint/glib2-devel-2.2.3-1.m68kmint.rpm

The packages require: pkgconfig pth-devel libiconv

I have also uploaded them for possible inclusion in the Sparemint
repository (if appropriate at this time).

Basically, they suffer from 2 issues, but, otherwise, the library seems to
have over 90% of the functionality working.

This is from a note included in the spec:

---

2 test programs (out of 30) currently fail with this build:

mainloop-test fails in glib2 due to the pthread implemetation we are
using, which is pth.  This is supposedly due to the fact that pth is
cooperative library only, and glib2 wants a pre-emptive thread
implemetation.

strtod-test looks like it fails due to the size of the integers being
processed (just a wild guess).  Could also be a problem with Glib2 using
it's own 'trio' support instead of native support.  More research needed.

---

Since writing those notes, I have found out that the native printf is not
adequate for the second test, which is the reason it is using a
replacement (trio, part of the package), but this causes a bus error.

Anyway, we feel it is time to unleash this library, Mark D and I are
currently still trying to get a working GTK2.  Hopefully ATK and a few
other packages will follow soon.  (GTK2 requires ATK, PANGO, GLIB2,
PKGConfig, and most likely FontConfig and a newer FreeType2)

As for the status of GTK2, I have been able to successfully build it, and
get it to display, unfortunately, the displays do not include any text.
We are puzzling about that problem right now, Mark has lots of ideas, if
only we could build faster!  :)

If anyone wishes to dig deeper into the currebt Glib2 woes, be my guest, I
figured it was best to come back to it after our current issue with GTK2
showing test is resolved.  Basically, get a rough set of working
libraries, and then polish them up later.

Sorry to be so long winded!

Keith