Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

Hello,

It is not a problem to send the 'desktop redraw', but rather handle the redraw action by the desktop application.

Ok, but why would you take place of the desktop application? Do you wan't take control for desk or for all applications?

I have in mind some kind of software that may be happy with this new feature:

A "paint" software with as desktop: a background picture with a small sized image for each picture loaded, icons for printer, icons for scanner, icons for numeric camera...

It's not only to display a true color picture as background, in my mind the real goal is to have desktop with a lot of informations / functionalities (not only icons).

Maybe my example is not the best, but even for a desktop with icons based on OBJECT tree, when an icon is added or removed, the OBJECT tree has to be rebuilt... it's heavy to manage IMO.

I don't say that OBJECT tree as desktop is obsolete and shall desappear ! I just said that having the ability to redraw the desktop another way, thru WM_REDRAW message will give much more freedom to developper.

BTW, i don't need this extension ATM, but i don't think that this proposal (which seems to be clean) will break the AES design/philosophy and so, i see no reason to be against that extension... but it's just my developper point of view. Maybe AES developpers have something against that extension ?

best regards,
Arnaud.