Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

Hello!

BTW: another point against the userdef stuff: with most AESes (i don't know for XaAES), userdraw subroutines are not allowed to call AES functions (AES is not re-entrant). That may lead the system to crash.

It's true for old AES only in monotos, it work perfectly under Magic, MyAeS and I think under NAES, XaAES and perhaps Geneva. The only restriction can comme with supervisor stack size.

As already mentioned it will not run in supervisormode under XaAES and thus using the application stack (handled like a signal handler). Invoking traps from the progdef is in general a bad idea, I don't know for what this can be good for.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060