Re: [MiNT] MiNT on Coldfire

> Well, maybe we are missing good open source extensible BIOS on our
> platform.

Well, I had to get a PC laptop to get informed that our BIOS is tragically
behind the PC BIOS.

There is for example some stuff called ACPI. From what I understand the
manuals, it provides a cross platform (!) interface to such functions as
power management, native video modes, PCI devices etc. Modern operating
systems are already able to make sure that the ACPI is present and use it
whenever necessary.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).