Re: [MiNT] MiNT on Coldfire

V Ne, 11. 07. 2004 v 20:12, Norman Feske píše:
> > This doesn't sound like a MiNT 1.16 (AKA 2.0 AKA 2005 AKA sid AKA
> > CVSonly :-) version.
>
> I am using the MiNT kernel from last night.

My fault, Konrad explained it.

> > It's not an OS if it doesn't manage the resources. It then feels like a
> > Windows 3.x - looking like an OS but still just a DOS extension. I know
>
> I did not talk about managing of resources. Of course the MiNT
> kernel need to manage, for example, the resource time. For
> doing this, it still can leave the actual initialization of
> the physical timer to someone else (e.g. BIOS, boot-loader or
> execution environment or how you want to call it).

Well, maybe we are missing good open source extensible BIOS on our
platform. But as long as hardware drivers are TSR programs in AUTO
folder it is still hackish to get MiNT running correctly (think of the
right order of programs in AUTO folder :)

> To my surprise the CPU differences between the
> MC68K and the Coldfire + cf68klib. Caused only
> one problem so far, which I think is a nice surprise.

It is.

> About Atari programs, we have to wait until I will
> be able to try them out.

Most will seem to work, I believe. But some might misbehave. Pity the
div cannot be trapped.

Petr