Re: [MiNT] Bug in FATFS

Hi!

>Actually this is a problem with the compiler.  At >aleast here the editor
>works ok but the compiler has always suffered from >this.  Anyway, I

Absolutely, the editor/interpreter has not had any problems with the double extension thingy at all here. It is the compiler for sure.

>If you pass "test" it constructs "test.gfa", if you >pass "test.gfa" it
>constructs "test.gfa.gfa".  Not exactly a very good >way to handle this
>but unfortunately this is how it was coded.  It seems >to rely on the
>original TOS file system to clip off the extra >extender at the first "." it

Yeah, seems like it indeed.

>Just setting the newfatfs OFF for the drive is enough >to make it work.
>That I can verify, and I think also Gokmase will >agree.

Yes :)

>I did hack the binary in order to use the GFA >compiler on newfatfs.  ;-)

So, using a patched compiler would IMO clearly be the best solution. Or are there other apps coded with this peculiar behaviour?

Regards,

Joakim