Re: [MiNT] Bug in FATFS

on 7/12/04 3:30 AM, Standa Opichal wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This looks like another problem presented by GFA editor which adds
> ".GFA" to the name even when it already contains an extension and
> therefore it is not found also on NEWFATS non-VFAT 8+3 partitions.
>
> Isn't it a time to fix that? ;)

Actually this is a problem with the compiler.  At least here the editor
works ok but the compiler has always suffered from this.  Anyway, I
disassembled the compiler and if I recall correctly what it does is
append ".GFA" always.

If you pass "test" it constructs "test.gfa", if you pass "test.gfa" it
constructs "test.gfa.gfa".  Not exactly a very good way to handle this
but unfortunately this is how it was coded.  It seems to rely on the
original TOS file system to clip off the extra extender at the first "." it
finds.

Just setting the newfatfs OFF for the drive is enough to make it work.
That I can verify, and I think also Gokmase will agree.  However
I did hack the binary in order to use the GFA compiler on newfatfs.  ;-)

--
Lonny Pursell