[MiNT] Beta Kernel Report

Hello guys,

I plan to enter relevant things into the bug tracker, but I have a
couple things to report about 1.16b.  Firstly, this kernel and the most
recent that I tested from CVS (probably mid June sometime) has been far
less stable than prior 1.16b releases that could run for weeks.  I'll
have to compile an older kernel to make these tests but....  I have a
falc with ct60 @ 92.5MHz and 25MHz bus.  I run 640x480x256cols.  Writing
to a scsi disk I get bio_writeout: RWABS fail very often (usually when
attempting to do anything else), but I realize this is most likely a
problem with the scsi bus more than mint.

I have the keyboard issue on bootup.  No way to work with fsck.  That's
not good.

When I say that the recent kernels are far less stable, here is some
examples.  I could say web browse, use irc, play mp3s and compile
freemint all at the same time without a problem.  Now I had only bash
loaded (INIT=u:/bin/bash), and cp -a * (from some disk) to /another disk
caused a memory violation 3 times.

I know you asked Mikro to downclock is falcon but understand I *know* my
falcon is stable.  I will reduce the clock for your reassurance but I
think it's likely something's not quite right.

Also, Xaaes bombs out after changing the rez.  I can't get anything
remotely recent running.  I tried video=27 and no video line in the
conf.  It says illegal instruction I think.

Lastly, you can't have progress without introducing bugs.  Thanks guys
for your work.

Thanks,
Mark